£24k - 30k per year
5 months ago
As soon as possible
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE BASED IN THE NOTTINGHAMSHIRE AREA WITH OWN TRANSPORT
Thorn Baker Industrial Recruitment are looking for a Inorganic chemist to join an established biotec company in the Nottingham area. In this role you will be required to work 40 hours per week and you will be responsible for all the laboratory activity which may include quality assurance, formulation testing, formulation development as well as producing samples and getting them sent to customers.
This role is paying between £24,000.00-£30,000.00 dependant on experience and will also have additional benefit of progression for the right person as the company continues to expand.
• Responsible for day to day liaison with production and sales to ensure customer technical requirements for compatibility testing are fulfilled and up to date.
• Working with the Operations Manager to ensure safety of raw material testing and formulation in line with the Environmental Policy
• Production of SDS, CoA and assistance with COSHH assessments
• Testing products and ensuring Safety Data Sheets are up to date
• Formulating and testing all new products as directed by the MD and customer(s)
• Liaising with the Production Manager and Quality Control for all new and existing product issues
• Liaising with the Account Manager to develop sample products for new and existing customers
• Testing raw materials and ensuring that these comply with all safety regulations
• Being the ISO Champion for all chemical testing
• Attending ad hoc meetings as and when required
• Working with the MD on a number of research projects and liaising with local universities
• Qualification to degree level in inorganic chemistry
• Good knowledge of fertilisers, plant nutrition and inorganic chemistry
• Excellent knowledge Excel
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Diligent with strong attention to detail
• Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
If this is the role that you have been looking for and you are looking for a permanent position the please send your CV now!