£29k - 32k per year
0116 429 3102
24 days ago
Our client is looking for Production Shift Supervisors to join their brand new, purpose built timber frame manufacturing location in Coalville, Leicestershire
You will need to be an experience Shift Supervisor with background in either Logistics or Manufacturing/Production.
If you have a logistics background, you must have the following experience/knowledge:
- You must have worked with ERP/MRP systems and understand how to operate in these environments.
- Have knowledge of material movement - this is key to the role and an important function to the facility.
- Experience of working in a warehouse (Goods in/out) again is essential.
- Candidates need to understand the importance of stock control, WIP checks, internal supplier/customer relationship.
Purpose of the Role
As an Shift Supervisor, you will work on a rotating shift pattern supervising a production team within a specific area in a timber frame manufacturing facility. These areas include
- o An automated cutting department and Sub-assembly area
- o Automated and manual timber frame production lines
- o Logistics - Goods In, product wrapping and dispatch
- you will oversee one of these areas whilst maintaining the highest level of safety, environmental and product quality standards.
What skills and experience are essential to do this job?
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the timber frame, modular or housebuilding industry
- You will have a thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and acknowledge the importance of consistently achieving high quality standards
- You will have a thorough understanding of Health and Safety and the requisite processes and procedures, with the safety and wellbeing of our people being our key priority
- You will need to have excellent leadership and communication skills, being able to motivate and train production staff to achieve deadlines and quality standards
What do I need to achieve and deliver to be effective in this job?
- You will be responsible for competently supervising a specific area of the production process on your shift, ensuring product quality and productivity is maintained at the agreed set levels
- You will ensure all safety and environmental policies are adhered to and applied consistently, including carrying out various checks and recording all data associated with them
- You will understand and observe health and safety rules and be aware of the safety of self and others to promote a safe working environment and culture
- You will work collaboratively with the opposite shift, ensuring that both shifts work as one whole team to achieve shared goals and targets
- You will develop and train team members to carry out tasks in their own area of expertise and be involved in their assessment by providing feedback, to build flexible teams and drive a high-performance culture
- You will be alert to ‘right first time’ quality standards, informing others where standards are not met so that they can take appropriate action as required to contribute to the production of a quality product
- You will ensure that expected material requirements are in place, resolving material shortages where possible, or escalating any issues, to contribute to the completion of the production plan using appropriate systems where necessary
- You will be flexible and willing to assist in busier periods where necessary, taking a hands-on role to ensure that production schedules are met
- You will be required to carry out any reasonable tasks or operations as directed by your line manager in the course of your duties
To be successful in this role , you need to have experience in these areas:
Confidence in a variety of manufacturing processes, including the general upkeep and running of machinery
- An understanding and use of ERP software
- The ability to identify, communicate and implement opportunities for continuously improving working methods
- A strong general awareness of Health & Safety, manufacturing, production, transportation, construction, and on-site installation
It would be an advantage if I have these qualifications:
- Minimum educational qualifications of GCSE Maths and English
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- A current Combilift Forklift truck licence (RTITB or ITSAR)
- A current Counterbalance Forklift truck licence (RTITB or ITSAR)