£14 per hour
about 2 years ago
Our client is a leading Waste Management & Environment specialist who are looking to source a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join their state of art Plastics Recycling Facility in Northamptonshire.
They are one of the UK's leading Plastic Recycling Specialists and as such operate two large sites within the East Midlands and due to expansion, they are looking to add to their maintenance team.
They are seeking a proven engineer, with excellent people skills and with prior waste / recycling / heavy industrial / process experience who can join the current team on site. You will work a varied shift pattern that will involve day shift and night shift - shift times will be 7am-7pm days and 7pm-7am nights.
Key responsibilities will include
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for carrying out a full range of maintenance activities on the plant, both preventative and reactive.
- You will support the Engineering Manager in the development of team member's skills and abilities.
- You will be well versed in H&S, with a good understanding of relevant policies and procedure adopted on site to ensure a safe working environment for everyone concerned.
- You will also help supervise contractors to ensure work is carried out to the required standards.
- A key part of the role will be focused on Plant performance. You will help carry out problem solving activities on the machinery to help identify faults and fix them. Take part in Route Cause Analysis activities (RCA) to help identify the reason behind plant failures and to address these to help reduce future downtime.
- You will help prioritise and plan maintenance activities when on shift.
What you will need to be able to demonstrate to be considered for the role
- You will be need to demonstrate the relevant experience and qualifications to be considered for the role.
- Successful applicants will be qualified Mechanical / Plant Engineering and will demonstrate proven experience working in a Process / production / Recycling / FMCG environment.
- As a shift engineer you will have a strong Mechanical Maintenance background and first class supervisory / leadership skills.
- Experience of conveyor systems, hydraulics, motors, drives, compressors, compactors, balers, etc. would be beneficial.