£60k - 70k per year
GMB - OP Manager
15 days ago
Thorn Baker Industrial Recruitment have been given the exciting opportunity to recruit for an operations manager for a rapidly expanding client of ours in the Langar (NG13) area of Nottingham.
The Company Mission
In the role of the operations manager, it is crucial to manage the performance of the site, achieve the goals within the time frame and the budget, and mitigate any delays or problems. The business manager is in charge of coordinating all aspects of the team, including production, purchasing, quality control, health and safety, HR, regulatory, insurance, supply, and maintenance.
An ideal day-to-day manager is capable of uniting their teams around development and continuous improvement objectives, as well as maintaining a positive social climate.
According to the company's strategy, the business manager will propose a five-year industrial plan and lead its major projects. They will contribute to the optimization of the Group's methods and processes, plan and manage progress, and clearly know how to position themselves as leaders of change.
The Business Manager will:
- Have an overview of the activity of the industrial site & Maintain a physical presence on site whenever possible and co-ordinate daily production team meetings.
- Ensure application of quality and safety standards and in particular of the Group's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies
- Ensure compliance with the procedures defined in the standards and certificates.
- Ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments
- Oversee the wellbeing and organise appropriate training of staff to ensure a motivated team and a positive social climate
- Work with department heads and senior management to get the best performance from staff
- Use creativity and problem solving to create and implement plans to help the company succeed
- Define, implement and coordinate the production strategy with all associated services
- Define the key performance indicators (KPIs) for the site eg. energy consumption, material consumption, productivity, customer complaints, adherence to planning
- Ensure monthly reporting of KPIs including defining and overseeing improvement plans where necessary
Must have :
- Minimum: Master 2 in Business administration
- Years of professional experience / Years of experience: 3-5 years minimum acquired within an international industrial group in a management position at one or more industrial sites, the candidate has strong expertise and successful experience in management.
- Ability to build and motivate teams.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Positive leadership qualities.
- Enthusiastic personality
Desired but not necessary:
- Knowledge in agri/agro environment
- Knowledge of safety and quality processes
- Knowledge of industrial performance methods.
If this sounds like the role for you call the Nottingham office and ask for Gemma or alternatively click APPLY NOW and send your CV across.
If this position is not the one for you, we have more great roles on our jobs page, why not take a look here: https://www.thornbakerindustrial.co.uk/job-search