£10 per hour
over 2 years ago
We have a rare opportunity to work on temporary to permanent contract with a successful client of Thorn Baker as a Production Operator. Within your role you will be given support and training that in time will allow you to progress within the company as the company continues to expand.
Duties within this role will be:
- Following company safety, health and environmental procedures at all times
- Follow company quality procedures at all times
- Prepare, load, operate and unload HIP furnaces according to written procedures and instructions
- Unpack HIP loads according to written procedures and instructions
- Completing documentation accurately and at the correct time according to the written procedures and making use of the works computer system
- Informing the production manager/ shift supervisor of any problems achieving the planned production schedule
- Assist in any area of production as directed by the shift supervisor
- Ensure that the suppliers, customers and drivers are dealt with efficiently
- Being punctual to ensure a smooth shift changeover
- Assisting with goods in the dispatch area
- Operating the FLT when required
- Assisting with minor maintenance of machines
- General housekeeping
- Learning how to operate new equipment, additional furnaces and performing any other duties
What’s in it for you?
- A starting hourly rate of £10 per hour
- The opportunity to learn new skills on the job
- The chance to progress within time to higher positions within the company as the company continues to grow
- Free parking onsite
- Close to public transport routes (please be advised that public transport may not run as regular for the night shift and morning shift)
- Payment made on a weekly basis
- Auto enrolled into a pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Overtime regularly available at a premium rate
- Regular pay reviews
*Other benefits will become available to you when you if you are successful with the company and gain a permanent contract*
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate
We are looking for people who:
- Are able to work on a weekly shift rotation which will be 06.00-14.00, 14.00-22.00 and 22.00-06.00
- Can work alone as well as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and are willing to help others when they are in need
- Have GCSE/ O Level Qualifications or Equivalents
- Have experience in the engineering industry
- Are physically fit as there could be heavy lifting involved on a daily basis within this role
- Are good at problem solving and logical thinking
- Are computer literate
- FLT Counterbalance License
- FLT Counterbalance experience
- Overhead crane experience
- Have experience in maintenance work (Desirable)
Due to location and shift timings the ideal candidate will either have their own transport or live locally.
Is this for you?
If this Production Operator role sounds like the job for you and you have the qualities listed above then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below to apply NOW!!!
Not for you?
It maybe worth noting that from our Chesterfield Head Office we also recruit for Office administration, Call centre, Paint Sprayers, Food Machine Operatives, HGV/LGV Driving roles, Forklift Drivers, Multi Drop Van Drivers, Machine Minders, Print Finishers, Assembly Operatives, PPT drivers, Cleaners and Refuse Collectors in the Sheffield, Chesterfield and Mansfield areas. To apply for any of these types of roles please send your CV to email@example.com