£25k - 29k per year
0116 429 3102
over 1 year ago
Our client is a leading food manufacturer based in Leicester and due to recent expansion, they are looking to appoint an experienced Production Planner to join their existing team.
You will be mainly office based but will be required to go into production areas at times.
You will be responsible to assist the Central Manager to prepare weekly production plans and other tasks to ensure expected production targets are achieved in a cost effective manner to meet client expectations.
You must have previous production planning experience, ideally in a Food or FMCG environment
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Issuing daily/weekly operational plans
- Use computer system to determine client requirements
- Work with the planner to determine materials delivery schedule that reflects the production plan, taking into account planned changes and delivery times of materials to avoid non-production times
- Placing orders with suppliers
- Provide monthly forecasts to ensure future needs are met
- Check prices set with suppliers on both computer system and invoices are accurate and correct
- Liaise with warehouse team to ensure volumes and transport requirements are met
- Liaise with NPD team to ensure new product launches are completed on time in full
- Produce and manage vendor performance information to support vendor performance reviews
- Provide holiday and absence cover for Production Planner
You will be working 40 hours per week but flexibility will be needed for potential early starts, late finishes and weekend working based on production planning.
Salary will be based on experience