£22k - 25k per year
13 days ago
Thorn Baker Industrial Recruitment are sourcing Purchase Ledger Manager for our client in the Tideswell area.
· Providing cover for staff where necessary
· Printing off all invoices/statements/credit notes on the email in the morning, along with checking on everything that comes in and delegating email queries to staff, and dealing with your own queries.
· Checking through the post in the morning, and handing out relevant parts to staff.
· General maintenance of supplier records on our internal System and dealing with change of bank details process.
· Checking through the invoices.
· Posting of invoices on the system, once they have been authorised, checking postings are consistent and accurate.
· Dealing with general queries from suppliers
· Setting up of new supplier accounts, which includes filling out customer forms and requesting necessary information.
· Managing an other staff members and all their queries
· Liaising with the Buyer – any problems with suppliers
· Liaising with the national transport manager on a Tuesday morning regarding authorisation of vehicle invoices, and raising any issues for him to solve.
· Checking and authorising the weekly BACS and Cheque payment runs.
· Going through the aged creditors and held invoices reports and chasing queries/asking staff to chase queries
· Filing away invoices after they have been authorised further by the Managing Director, and making sure relevant copies of invoices are taken for relevant people and files
· Raising invoices for samples that are to be claimed back through the supplier
· Invoicing suppliers for invoice discrepancies if no credit notes are received
· Managing all the utility bills for all the depots
· Liaising with the Finance Director regarding any issues and ones that require further authorisation
· Checking all supplier statements as and when they are received
· Checking any online portals for invoices to print
· Processing and monitoring all contra invoices.
· Liaising with the payroll department regarding staff hours
· Writing up a list of the monthly processes and delegating those processes out to each member of staff to complete
· Overseeing the closing off process
· Doing all the accruals for the Monthly Management Accounts
· Checking the intrastat suppliers invoices have been put on the system correctly
· Managing internal accounts and making sure they are cleared down on both the purchase ledger and sales ledger each month
· Oversight of all payment runs – checking through them and making decisions for payments
· Supporting staff with their daily duties
This position if for a minimum of 12 months maternity cover.
The position also comes with a competitive salary dependent on skills & experience.
To apply please forward a CV at your earliest convenience.