£30k per hour
GMB - Shift/Manager
about 1 month ago
Thorn Baker Industrial Recruitment are looking for a Shift Manager to work for a successful and rapidly expanding manufacturing company in Eastwood.
To support the Logistics Manager in leading and maintaining real time effective flow of the operational requirements of the Distribution Centre, safely and efficiently, both short and long term. Proactively seeking to maximise performance at all times by process improvement that will cover Inventory, receiving and despatch methods, and use preventative action to reduce any risk of measures that may have a negative effect on the business objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage the operational day-to-day activities including people as well as processes within the Distribution Centre.
- Ensure the correct resources are deployed successfully to complete all tasks, i.e. people, equipment etc.
- To promote a safe working environment and ensure safe working practices are adhered to taking appropriate action in line with company procedures in the event of health & safety breaches.
- Be responsible for maintaining Health & safety records and use Lean Methodology to assist in improving the process.
- Attend Health & Safety Meetings to report on accidents/incidents and near misses, proactively identify and flag problems and to ensure these problems are resolved with the minimum of disruption to customer service levels
- To motivate teams and foster a positive working environment through regular communication with providing feedback, this will include monitoring individual performance.
- To promote and create a continuous improvement culture through identifying areas for improvement.
- Any other reasonable duties within the scope of the role.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of three years previous experience of managing a shift within a manufacturing or distribution or similar environment.
- You must have An IOSH or similar health & safety management qualification.
- Managing People, including absence, performance and disciplinary experience are essential.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal are essential
- Management Qualification (preferably level 3 or above)
- Excellent IT Skills essential, including a working knowledge and understanding of ERP Systems.
- Able to shift work between the hours of 8am to 10pm (no weekends)
- Competitive salary package – circa £30K depending on experience
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for full-time employees
- Company Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff discount on company related products including cycle to work benefits
- Electric vehicle charging points
For further information please call Gemma on 07870 233265
If this position is not the one for you, we have more great roles on our jobs page, why not take a look here: https://www.thornbakerindustrial.co.uk/job-search
Key Skills: Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager, Manufacturing, Warehouse