£10.25 - 10.25 per hour
12 days ago
Our prestigious and loyal client in Chesterfield town center are recruiting for 2 x team leaders.
Role & Duties;
To be accountable for developing and supporting their Team to meet or exceed Company and Customer requirements within the performance targets, standards and goals.
1. Supervise and be responsible for all functions, activities and personnel in allocated Teams and Units. Recognise and apply priorities in line with those planned and established with the Manufacturing Manager.
2. To undertake and complete:
o Return to work interviews
o New staff Team member interviews
3. Responsibility for Team Member disciplinary issues.
4. Monitor absentees and performance defaulters in conjunction with Manufacturing Manager.
5. To liaise with other Team Leaders on allocation of labour in line with planned priorities.
6. To assist in the planning of production requirements from appropriate moulding machine and ancillary equipment, ensuring relevant materials are available.
7. To communicate production needs to Team members allocating resource as necessary to achieve effective utilisation of the Team and equipment.
8. To plan with the Manufacturing Manager, break, holiday and absence cover enabling optimum performance to meet Company and Customer requirements.
9. To liaise with the Manufacturing Manager on optimum labour requirements within the Team for present and future production requirements..
10. To organise services of Tool Room, Maintenance or support personnel notifying of the need for repairs and ongoing requirements.
11. To ensure Team members apply the specified operating procedures for all manufactured product in the area.
12. To assist in providing individual job training, and coaching, to new recruits to the Team and existing Team members, monitor their progress toward achieving acceptable levels of quality and performance.
13. In conjunction with the Team, identify specific team and work area problems and assist in the implementation of improvement plans.
14.. Monitor, record and be accountable for Team and equipment performance and in conjunction with the Team, establish and implement means of improvement.
15. To supply through monitoring and measurement accurate Management and Team control information on the Team and Unit.
16. To communicate verbally and by use of Team log book, ensuring full awareness is achieved on all area information to aid the Management Team, Team Leaders and Team members achieve effective performance.
17. To liaise with the Manufacturing Manager and Team Leaders of other areas in the pursuit of more effective operating through resource or improvement solutions.
18. To undertake the role of a Team member as the need arises and where skills allow..
19. To direct the Team in applying and maintaining sound work place organization. This must be policed and reviewed at all times.
20. To hold regular meetings with the Team and other Team Leaders.
21. To constantly monitor people and equipment ensuring compliance on Health and Safety Issues.
22. Take part in quarterly reviews with Manufacturing Manager
1 team leader will work 6am to 2pm
1 team leader will work 2pm to 10pm
This may change subject to business needs, for example it could lead to 2 or 3 x rotating shifts.
The current wage stands at £10.25 per hour.
This is a great chance to work with a stable and forward thinking business.
To apply please forward your CV at the earliest convenience.